Posts Tagged ‘formula’
Picking lottery numbers can seem like a bewildering and complicated task…. So, can choosing a formula for picking lottery numbers make a difference to your chances? Nothing can compare to the sensation of cashing in your one dollar lottery ticket for a multimillion-dollar check. But considering that the lottery itself is random and that no strategy can be 100% guaranteed, is there any point in using a formula for picking lottery numbers. Why worry about it? Your best option to increase your chances of winning is to buy more tickets.
Here’s a few help points to consider when picking lottery numbers.
- Picking lottery numbers can be as simple as choosing from your personal preferences.
- The most important thing to remember about the lottery is that everything really comes down to chance. You may think that people who play certain special numbers are more likely to walk away with the grand prize, but this is untrue, they just happen to play the lottery more, so chances are greater that more of them walk away with the grand prize. If you think you fit into this category, and like to play your own numbers, here are some ways to pick them:
Use family members’ birthdays.
Stick to the numbers you use on a daily basis, like telephone numbers, a street address or the price of your favorite snack.
- Randomize it! A lot of lotteries let you ask for random cards. These are great if you are in a rush, or simply can’t decide which numbers to pick. Remember that the lottery itself is random, so it really doesn’t matter what number you pick. However, it may be pretty frustrating to see your family members’ birthdates appear for the following Wednesday’s pick. If you opt for the random approach, you may have had the winning lottery numbers another round, but simply didn’t pick consistently.
- Remember that the more numbers there are to choose, the more likely it is you are to lose. There is an exponential difference between picking six and seven numbers.
- Look at past winning numbers. If you really enjoy statistics and probability, look for patterns in these lottery tickets, and use that information for the best lottery numbers to pick.
The most important thing to remember with the lottery is that the odds are against you, and it is always random. Have fun when playing the lottery, but don’t let yourself get carried away. You could rely on a formula for picking lottery numbers, or just pick randomly, but only bet what you can afford to lose and that way you will stay in the game longer.
Learn some valuable tips for picking lottery numbers.
Don’t pick the numbers, which have already won. It is especially important that you do not pick the winning numbers from a recently drawn game. The chance of those same numbers coming up again is very, very unlikely.
You also do not want to give your money away to a service, which tells you that they can provide you with a formula for picking lottery numbers. There are a lot of these services out there and they are simply ripping people off. The truth is that if they knew how to choose the winning numbers then they would be playing the lottery instead of running a business.
Another thing to keep in mind is not to choose numbers, which are all even or odd. The statistics show that most of the winning number combination’s have been a good mixture of both odd and even numbers. You should also not choose in a numeric sequence such as 5, 10, 15, and 20. This is one way to really stack the odds against yourself.
Many people choose numbers that include their family members dates of birth. Not a great idea as months only go up as high as 31. When you stick to keeping all of your numbers below 31, you are reducing your chances of choosing those winning numbers.
Another mistake many people make is to choose a pattern on the play slip. They will choose all of the numbers in a straight line and think this is an original formula for picking lottery numbers. In fact, many other people also do this. This means even if you were to win, it would not be a very big amount since you will be sharing it with so many people.
If you have picked some numbers you feel very good about, it is ok for you to play them week after week. Many people feel that just because those numbers did not win that week then they must not be the numbers for them. This is not true and those numbers may actually come up during any game on any given week. So, if you are really feeling those particular numbers, keep playing them each week.
Choosing to let the Quick Pick system select your numbers is not a bad idea. Many people think that they will not win if the system picks the numbers for them. The truth is that quicker pick numbers have won more in the past than numbers which people selected themselves through the use of a system.
Use A Formula For Picking Lottery Numbers
A lottery jackpot changes lives for the lucky few who win. Most winners have a formula for picking lottery numbers. While the odds of winning the lottery are the same, having a formula for picking lottery numbers might swing luck your way. Read on to learn how to pick lottery numbers.
- Use numbers that mean something to you. You might pick the numbers of a birthday, an anniversary or a series of numbers that you often use. You could use numbers that are important to you because of your relationship with someone, or the street address from your favorite childhood home.
- You could try picking random numbers, because not everyone likes to use the same set of numbers each time. You can vary your plays by picking the first series of numbers you see on the day you buy your ticket. Many lotteries now offer you the option to buy a ticket with randomly assigned numbers.
- Pick out your lucky numbers by using astrology patterns. You can also look at your horoscope in the newspaper for your lucky numbers. Many websites will help you do further research into auspicious numbers based on astrology.
- Look up what the past winning numbers have been. Most lotteries have an archive showing past winning number combinations. You can reuse a winning series, or you can study the numbers for patterns.
- What about applying a delta system to the numbers. This calculates the difference between each number in your series by starting with your first two numbers. You will find the delta for all of your numbers. Most deltas should be between one and 15. Start with your favorite number and then add the delta of your choice to find out what your second number should be.
Whichever method you choose, be consistent and use the same formula for picking lottery numbers as it is proven that most winners employ a strategy to increase their odds.
Do You Stick To A Formula For Picking Lottery Numbers?
What do you usually do, pick differently each time or use a formula for picking lottery numbers? Do you let a computer randomly generate a number for you, like a quick pick. Maybe you choose your own numbers like birthdays, anniversaries or your favourite lucky numbers? If you are choosing your own numbers like this, you probably feel like you have some sort of ownership in the outcome of the next draw. If just a few of your numbers win, I am sure that you feel like your formula for picking lottery numbers has worked. However, being stubborn and staying with your “lucky” numbers may not be the best way to optimize your chances of winning.
Do auto generated quick pick tickets give you an advantage?
A quick pick ticket is simply a lottery ticket randomly generated by the lotto machine at your favourite lottery retailer. Lots of people have the idea that their chances of correctly picking lottery numbers increase if they let a computer randomly give them a set of numbers. The outcome of the lottery draw is random too or so most people think. If you ask a lot of mathematicians they will tell you a different story of what is actually going on in a so called random lottery drawing. They believe that the laws of probability must have some sort of bearing on what the next outcome will be.
What is probability?
Think of probability like this. If you have a bag with three marbles in it, one of the marbles is green, one is red, and one is blue. What are the chances that you will pull a red one out of the bag? You will have a one in three or 33% chance of pulling out a red marble. That’s a very simple example, but it starts to get complicated when you ask the question “what are the chances of pulling out a red marble two times in a row?”
How can you learn how to take advantage of using the laws of probability when picking lottery numbers?
The answer can be found on the first article of the HOME page.